Destructive Severe Weather
AccuWeather For Business meteorologists are warning organizations across the central U.S. to prepare for significant disruptions from another round of severe weather that will bring an extreme risk of tornadoes, hail, damaging winds, and heavy rain. Some storms could impact the same areas struck by tornadoes last week. Businesses using AccuWeather’s SkyGuardⓇ Warning service will be better prepared with advance notice, site-specific warnings, and exclusive forecasts to help keep employees and customers safer.
>>READ MORE: Get ahead of the storm: 3 actions your businesses should take to prepare for severe weather
The danger of severe thunderstorms will shift further east Wednesday up into western New York. The risks of these storms will be hail, isolated tornadoes, and damaging wind gusts of up to 70 mph with an AccuWeather Local StormMax™ of 80 mph.
Thursday , the risk for severe thunderstorms is expected east of the Appalachians stretching from eastern Georgia up into southern New Jersey. The main risks from these storms include hail, downpours and damaging wind gusts of 50-60 mph with an AccuWeather Local StormMax™ of 70 mph.
Businesses should also prepare for the following:
- Ground logistics disruptions from flooding
- Tornado potential, monitor closely; keep sheltering options in mind
- Business interruptions due to extended power outages
- Road closures due to flooding, downed trees, and power lines
>>READ MORE: When minutes matter: how to plan for and respond to a SkyGuard Tornado Warning
Did you know that AccuWeather For Business gives two times more advance notice when tornadoes are in the forecast than all other sources, including the government? That means your business has precious additional time to protect your people and property better.
Superior Accuracy™: Better informed, Better protected, Better prepared.
Be proactive with AccuWeather SkyGuard Warnings backed by Superior Accuracy™, which will deliver site-specific alerts and warnings well before severe weather hits, giving you more time to prepare.
Benefits of SkyGuard Warnings:
- Proactive, site-specific warnings sent well before severe weather impacts occur
- Live, one-on-one, or group consultation provided by our weather experts 24x7x365
- Reviewed Tornado Notifications alert you when a tornado isn't threatening your assets
- Alerts are delivered in a format that aligns with your organizational emergency management plan, including push notifications from the SkyGuard mobile app
- All-clear notifications are sent when a threat is over, minimizing weather-related downtime
Want to learn more about how we can help you? Demo SkyGuard today so your business will be better informed, protected, and prepared.
>>Subscribe to our AccuWeather For Business Blog for the latest news and weather updates that will impact you and your business.