MORE SEVERE WEATHER IS ON THE WAY
Severe weather, with the threat of more tornadoes, will move across the Plains and the Midwest late this week. The severe thunderstorms will bring heavy rain, hail, and damaging winds, with the risk of isolated tornadoes to areas already cleaning up from deadly and destructive tornadoes last week. When tornadoes are in the forecast, AccuWeather For Business SkyGuard® clients get exclusive warnings and receive, on average, 16 minutes of advance notice compared to 8 minutes from all other sources.
>>READ MORE: When minutes matter: how to plan for and respond to a SkyGuard Tornado Warning
Severe thunderstorms will move east Friday from northeastern Texas to central Wisconsin and southwestern Michigan. These areas will see torrential rainfall, hail, tornadoes, and destructive wind gusts of up to 80 mph with an AccuWeather Local StormMax™ of 90 mph.
Thunderstorms move further east Saturday, and the threat of severe weather lessens. Some areas of North Carolina, northern New York, and southwestern New England could see isolated tornadoes, hail, and damaging wind gusts of up to 70 mph with an AccuWeather Local StormMax™ of 90 mph.
Businesses in the path of these severe storms should prepare for extended power outages from down trees and powerlines from strong, dangerous winds. Check backup generators so you can maintain business continuity. Make sure your emergency and communication plan is up to date.
AccuWeather meteorologists also warn that the same area under the threat for severe weather Friday and Friday night could have another round of severe weather early next week.
Businesses should also prepare for the following:
- Ground logistics disruptions from flooding
- Tornado potential, monitor closely; keep sheltering options in mind
- Business interruptions due to extended power outages
- Road closures due to flooding, downed trees, and power lines
>>READ MORE: Get ahead of the storm: 3 actions your businesses should take to prepare for severe weather
Superior Accuracy™: Better informed, Better protected, Better prepared.
Be proactive with AccuWeather SkyGuard Warnings backed by Superior Accuracy™, which will deliver site-specific alerts and warnings well before severe weather hits, giving you more time to prepare.
Benefits of SkyGuard Warnings:
- Proactive, site-specific warnings sent well before severe weather impacts occur
- Live, one-on-one, or group consultation provided by our weather experts 24x7x365
- Reviewed Tornado Notifications alert you when a tornado isn't threatening your assets
- Alerts are delivered in a format that aligns with your organizational emergency management plan, including push notifications from the SkyGuard mobile app
- All-clear notifications are sent when a threat is over, minimizing weather-related downtime
Want to learn more about how we can help you? Demo SkyGuard today so your business will be better informed, protected, and prepared.
>>Subscribe to our AccuWeather For Business Blog for the latest news and weather updates that will impact you and your business.