Advance notice matters
As 2021 drew to a close, a strong line of severe weather blew across Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Striking between December 30, 2021, and January 1, 2022, the storms resulted in 15 tornadoes touching down, causing major damage across the area. During this time, AccuWeather’s enterprise-level service, SkyGuard, provided crucial warnings to its clients. On average, SkyGuard clients got 13 minutes of advance warning ahead of the dangerous conditions, while public warnings, such as ones from the National Weather Service, provided businesses just 6 minutes to prepare. This extra time and early warning played a key role in companies protecting their assets and employees.
When severe weather strikes, minutes matter. Partner with us and be the first to know.
Additional success stories from December 2021:
- Glasgow, KY (EF-1 tornado): AccuWeather clients received a warning 37 minutes ahead of the tornado touching the ground. Public warnings came just 9 minutes before.
- Campbellville, KY (EF-1 tornado): AccuWeather clients received 16 minutes of advance notice. The public warning came 8 minutes after the tornado touched down.
- Hawkinsville, GA (EF-1 tornado): AccuWeather clients received 24 minutes of advance notice. The public warning came 11 minutes after the tornado touched down.
- Moultrie, GA (EF-1 tornado): AccuWeather clients received 38 minutes of advance notice. Public warnings came just 2 minutes before touchdown.
AccuWeather For Business forecasts help protect people and property. Whether it's rain, snow, or severe weather, AccuWeather helps you battle any elements that Mother Nature throws your way. Our groundbreaking forecast tools ensure you stay ahead of any severe threats, all backed by our expert meteorologists and Superior Accuracy™.
Stay safe with SkyGuard® Warnings:
- Proactive, site-specific alerts offer advance warnings well before severe weather impacts occur
- Live one-on-one or group consultation is provided by our weather experts anytime, day or night
- Reviewed tornado notifications advise when a government-issued tornado warning is in effect but there is no threat to your asset location
- Alerts are delivered in a format that aligns with your organizational emergency management plan
- All-clear notifications are delivered when a threat is over, minimizing weather-related downtime
- All alerts are delivered via push notification from the SkyGuard mobile app, available on Android and iOS