It is not a matter of if, but when, severe weather will threaten your business. It can happen instantly and have long-reaching and lasting effects.
In June, torrential rain from a derecho hit Sturgis, Michigan, just outside of Detroit. Abbott Nutrition, the nation’s largest baby formula manufacturer, halted production after the intense storm flooded its factory.
The devastating damage happened two weeks after the plant reopened. It had been offline for months after concerns of contamination contributed to a nationwide formula shortage. Parents were once again wondering how they were going to feed their babies.
Major weather events like this can result in revenue loss, extensive cleanup costs, impacts on employees, and in some cases loss of life. Your business can avoid similar situations with proper planning and preparation. Accuweather for Business can alert you and keep you informed to make the best weather-impacted decisions for your people and your business.
- Proactive, site-specific alerts offer advance warnings well before severe weather impacts occur
- Live one-on-one or group consultation is provided by our weather experts anytime, day or night
- Reviewed tornado notifications advise when a government-issued tornado warning is in effect but there is no threat to your asset location
- Alerts are delivered in a format that aligns with your organizational emergency management plan
- All-clear notifications are delivered when a threat is over, minimizing weather-related downtime
- All alerts are delivered via push notification from the SkyGuard mobile app, available on Android and iOS
Want to learn more about how we can help you? CONTACT US to demo AccuWeather SkyGuard® today and protect your business, employees, and assets.